Catalyzing response to ocean & coastal acidification through the power of collaboration
The Ocean Acidification Information Exchange is an online community for professionals involved with or interested in the topics of ocean and coastal acidification (OCA). Our mission is to respond and adapt to OCA by fostering an online environment built on trust, where our members feel empowered to ask, answer, and learn from one another.
We are a community of scientists, educators, NGO and government employees, resource managers, fishers, aquaculturists, tribal representatives, and concerned citizens from all over the globe. By promoting the collegial exchange of information across disciplines and geographical boundaries, our goal is to facilitate the creation of more holistic, more effective response strategies and share lessons learned.
As a member, you can:
- Post updates and comments with questions, answers or announcements
- Share papers, media files, presentations and links
- Add events to the community calendar, and host webinars through the platform
- Join teams based on regions and topics of interest
- Network with people from a variety of fields
OA Information Exchange members can tailor their experience by joining regional or topic-based teams, and share updates with the entire community, their teams, or both. We currently have 17 teams, with more being added as our community continues to grow.